To bring you up to date, here's what has been happening in my life the past 5(!) months:
- Winter sucked around here. We had water problems in our basement and had to do a significant cleanout to get a sump pump installed. Only the cleanout wasn't as significant as I hoped it would be. My basement is still cluttered.
- My older son finished his first year at a military college and is now in boot camp for the Marine Corps. He left on June 1st, and we can only communicate with him via snail mail, and it's hard. He graduates on August 28th and we'll be going to the graduation, then bringing him home for 10 days. I don't want to wish my summer away, but I can't wait to see him.
- I have not lost the 10 pounds that I wanted to lose before the summer. So my clothes are kind of tight, and as a result, I bought new pants/shorts in the next size up. Only they are a little loose. So my regular clothes are too tight, and the bigger ones are too loose. Oy.
- I'm STILL shopping more than I should be. I find myself craving that instant gratification that comes from buying a new piece of clothing. This is an almost daily struggle.
- My house has seen little to no decluttering since the winter. Motivation is severely lacking.
- We got more cable channels so I've spent more time watching TV than ever. DH and I started watching Shameless and I watched Outlander and I've got several seasons worth of like four other shows to watch before the fall when the new episodes start.
- I got an iPhone for work and now instead of doing things like decluttering, I spend valuable time looking on FB and Twitter and stuff like that.
Hence, my dining room table has looked like this for months:
Yes, nothing but clutter. Every weekend I plan to clean it off, and yet here I am in early July and it still looks like this.
I just cut some flowers from my garden so I'm going to clean this damned thing off, put the flowers there and take another picture.