Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Red Week

I chose last week as red week. I almost didn't make it. I ended up having just enough red pieces to fill out the whole week.


Monday -- I was excited to wear a pair of new shoes. More on that later.



A different angle, but I don't know why. I guess because I thought I'd look thinner?


This was Tuesday. I really liked this outfit, but for some reason, it was really, really warm in work. So I wasn't comfortable. 

These boots were part of the black shoe purchase. I had been wanting a pair of gray boots and I know I will get a lot of use out of these. They are suede and not quite over the knee, but have a cute bow in the back. They are very comfortable.
This was Wednesday. This is a sleeveless dress with a sweater over it. It was very comfortable. I've had the boots for about 10 years and have only worn them as many times. I decided that it was time to pull them out of the closet. I'm glad I did. 


Thursday. I got this skirt from H&M back at the end of December because I felt I needed another gray skirt. It's actually pretty good quality and very comfortable.

I've had this jacket for a long time. It's a love/hate thing. It's kind of quilted and I received several compliments,
but I feel it can be frumpy.


Friday. I had to lose a few pounds for these pants to fit comfortably in the waist, and I have. I still have about 5 more pounds to go, but at least my pants aren't killing me anymore. 

So that's the week's rundown. This exercise made me wear clothes that I hadn't put on in awhile. What I should do is get rid of things that I am not truly happy with, but I'm giving myself a few more tries before I put something in the giveaway pile.

As for the shoe purchases, I originally went out to just buy a simple pair of black suede pumps. I only have one pair of black pumps and they are kind of plain. I found this cute pair for $50 and the boots were on sale, as well as a pair of rain boots. I paid for the suede boots and shoes in cash, and then charged the rain boots on a credit card. I see the rain boots as a necessity and didn't feel guilty buying them on credit. 


No comments:

Post a Comment